Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tubes One Through Four are Flooded, 3, 2, 1, Gullpedos Away!

These are photos from My B.F.A. thesis Piece from May 2007, I decided to put them up for anyone who hasn't seen them, and so i have a place online to store them, and well because, I'm still really proud of the piece.

for the Nautically Challenged, it's a World War 2 Submarine Rigged with sails.





Gullpedo: Half seagull, Half Torpedo


The whole premise is based on layers of symbolism to the point of obfuscation. The original subtexts and meanings are lost and reordered, it's like trying to write a sentence where the words are what the pieces of the whole symbolize and not what they are. Althougth, ultimately I think I just wanted to make something that was a happy mutant of the ideas in my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The gullpedos are one of my favorites!